manually starting and ending an application

Subject: manually starting and ending an application
From: "bdee2"
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 17:44:08 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
how can i manually end an application through code.  i tried doing a
structclear on the application scope - and that cleared it out but did not end
the application.

 i read somewhere that if you are using an application.cfc (and i am) that you
could just say #variables.onApplicationEnd()# but that didn't work for me
either.

 it is not practical for me to reboot the server each time i want to restart
the application.