Re: session immediately timing out for some users

Subject: Re: session immediately timing out for some users
From: "Steve Sommers"
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 16:56:38 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
For me, my company hosts our own servers so I cannot my guess about whether or
not ISP's can cause this would be just a guess - but my guess is that a
misconfigured firewall on the hosting ISP side could cause this.

 On how to actually fix it, I'm not sure. I diagnose the issue for our support
department and then they then refer the customer the customer's IT department
and it usually gets resolved.

 One trick I've found that is not pretty is to append a dynamically generated
UUID onto every URL. My application.cfm page containd <cfset
REQUEST.UUID=CreateUUID()> and I append this to all the URL's of the pages with
this issue. The actual UUID is not used on your side, it is simply to defeat
caches.