IOException in version 6.1 not in version 7.0 -- any ideas

Subject: IOException in version 6.1 not in version 7.0 -- any ideas
From: "amel8856"
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 18:27:46 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion

Hello, all, a co-worker of mine developed a coldfusion application using
coldfusion 7.0.  When we went to deploy it on a customers machine, we found out
they only had coldfusion 6.1 -- we were hoping that wouldn't make a difference,
but we are having problems with the following section of code:

 application.someVariable=  createObject("component","Path.to.service.file");

 When ran in 7.0, the above code works just fine... However, when ran in 6.1 we
get the following error message (stack trace truncated):

 java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is
incorrect
                at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.canonicalize0(Native Method)
                at
java.io.Win32FileSystem.canonicalize(Win32FileSystem.java:333)
                at java.io.File.getCanonicalPath(File.java:513)

 We've tried replacing the '.'s in the file path with '\' and '/' and several
other characters, but we always get the above error message.   We are hoping
that there might be a solution to getting this to work in 6.1 without having to
upgrade to 7.0... any ideas?

 Thanks!