Re: cfinclude question

Subject: Re: cfinclude question
From: "jdyerjdyer"
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 06:42:30 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion

function getRelativeDir(newdir)
 {
        var curr = GetBaseTemplatePath();
        var rel = Right(newdir,Len(newdir)-3);
        var i = 1;
        for (i=1; i LT ListLen(curr,'\'); i=i+1)
        {
                rel = "..\#rel#";
        }
        return rel;
 }

 I use this function any time I am unsure of the path a file is going to be
called from.  So say the working directory is C:\wwwroot\somefolder and the
file you want to include is C:\wwwroot\include\myfile.cfm
 Just pass C:\wwwroot\include\myfile.cfm into the function, it will always
generate a relative path.
 Say you wanted to just get a relative path to the folder, just pass in
C:\wwwroot\include
 Now for the example working folder above you would get back
..\..\wwwroot\include.

 This function will also work for url references too, with a little trick.
 It ignores the first three letters (for file path this is the C:\)
 so say you have the webpage www.mysite.com\myfolder\myfile.cfm and an image
folder www.mysite.com\img
 You would pass in the **\img  the **\ is ignored, and the path passed back is