Re: Coldfusion 8 (I want it)

Subject: Re: Coldfusion 8 I want it
From: "Michael"
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 10:48:50 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
@Campag

 I'm wondering how much of a commission you receive from MS to attempt to sell
.NET on a ColdFusion-related support forum.

 You may be absolutely correct in everything you say.  .NET may be the cat's
meow, compared to ColdFusion, but that is not the point of these forums.

 People come to these forums for genuine support regarding CF.  They don't
need, or want, a product comparison.  Most come here because they chose to use
ColdFusion.  Others come here because they have to.  Regardless, they are here
to ask questions and to provide answers concerning CF.

 I used to frequent these forums several years ago.  Now that my year-long
stint on the CF8 pre-release has ended, I decided to give some support to CF8
newbies in this forum.  Now, after reading comments, such as yours, I remember
why I abandoned these forums a couple of years ago.  I joined a CF-related
mailing list just so I could put any potential trolls on a kill list.  However,
I felt guilty by abandoning anyone who needed assistance in these forums.

 Please, in the future, keep your .NET editorials and comparisons off of this
list.  Rarely are such comments of any value or relevance to the issue.  The
title of this post is "Coldfusion 8 (I want it)".  Where, in that title, is it
asked "...but tell me why .NET is better"?