Re: Coldfusion 8 (I want it)

Subject: Re: Coldfusion 8 I want it
From: "tclaremont"
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 18:49:42 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
That metaphor is lost on the people who are of the mindset that any given web
project can consist of only one platform.

 In today's internet, you can use CF for what it does best, and use .NET,
javascript, PHP, etc for what it does best (whatever that is), and comfortably
co-exist.

 There is no reason for your development to be a one trick pony, unless you
find a platform that supports everything you need.

 Now, as soon as I encounter a project that CF cannot accomodate, I will walk
the talk and implement one of those other technologies. In the meantime, I will
keep being productive with CF.

 This is not an "all or nothing" scenario.