Making blank lines show up in a form field

Subject: Making blank lines show up in a form field
From: "Karen_Little"
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 01:42:26 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
I need to pass text that I gather from a number of places to a record that will
later be edited in a field. I'd like to have a blank line between each group of
information (like a blank line between paragraphs).

 The only way I can do this is to include <br><br> after each section. This
information shows up perfectly everywhere EXCEPT in a form field where the br's
show up and the paragraphs run together.

 The display in the form fields is HTMLEditFormat(). If I originate the
information from those fields, everything works perfectly. I need to figure out
how to create the information elsewhere so it shows up correctly in those
fields so the information can be edited.