finding the week number of the current date

Subject: finding the week number of the current date
From: "bdee2"
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 19:27:32 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
i have a table with a schedule of events.  each row consists of a date and time
for the event, and a week number based on a tuesday-monday week.

 what i woudl liek to do is to take the current date and determine which week
number it falls in.

 can someone help me out with this?  i just cant seem to figure it out.

 i am thinking that basically i woudl look at the schedule table and grab the
date of the first event.  we knwo the first event will be in week 1.  then we
can look at eh date of that event and determine the beginnign and end of that
week.

 the trick woudl be, once we have that information, how to count weeks and
determint how many weeks from week 1, todays date is.

 any advice?