Re: Comparing two queries yields one result too many

Subject: Re: Comparing two queries yields one result too many
From: "Rizados"
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 23:30:47 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
There is *WAY* too much going on in either query to have them fully written out
every time it needs to be used.

 Each query has two to five inner joins by itself (don't ask me, I wasn't the
db designer). By themselves, each query takes up about fifteen lines of code.

 However, I've determined that my first method was in fact, a correct method
(if not quite the ideal one). I've taken the code and run it through MSSQL
studio in the rather lengthy way that it has to be done because MSSQL doesn't
do Q of Qs (effectively nesting the individual queries and doing it with the
NOT IN expression above), and I still get 57.

 There has *so* got to be a data issue here.