deleting files

Subject: deleting files
From: "straffenp"
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 21:03:51 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
hi everyone. i run a website where registered users can upload photos to their
user account. i've decided to give users the option to delete their account.
naturally, when a user decides to delete their account, i have no need for
their photos anymore. i wrote some code that will check to see if the user has
uploaded photos, delete the record in the db table and then hunt down any
actual files they've uploaded and delete those as well. when i try to execute
the script, i get the following error:

 "Security: The requested template has been denied access to (user's file path
and name).
 The following is the internal exception message: access denied
(java.io.FilePermission (user's file path and name) delete)

 ColdFusion cannot determine the line of the template that caused this error.
This is often caused by an error in the exception handling subsystem."

 judging by the context of the error, i think cf is telling me that any old
user can't look for files on my server and start deleting them. can someone
help me find a way around this? is there some type of permission script i can
put in my code? thanks in advance for the help!