Re: BG sound with on off control in cfm

Subject: Re: BG sound with on off control in cfm
From: "Irish-Phoenix"
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 22:44:51 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
Ok... How about we look at this from a different prospective. I take this and
make a DB function using cf code to store it in memory for session variables?
something like this. I am not done with it yet but this is the direction I am
going in. I attached the code to this page.

 Now what I am trying to do is the following: when the user logs on, there is a
check in the checkbox, it also says "On" if they check the checkbox taking away
the checkmark, the words change and say "Off" also taking away the embeded
control stopping the sound. Use this file as a cfinclude on all the pages with
a session variable remembering the clients choice.

 Is this possible, I also realize there is more work to be done on this code /
function. Maybe you can help me figure out a way to make it work properly?

 Thanks for all your help

 Phoenix

 <cfquery name="sound" datasource="#sitedatasource#" username="#siteUserID#"
password="#sitePassword#" maxRows=1>
        SELECT sound.on AS ViewField2, sound.off AS ViewField2
        FROM sound
 </cfquery>
 <head>
 <title>
 </title>
 </head>
SRC="CFdocs/ocean.wav" LOOP=INFINITE>
 <cfoutput query="sound"><br>
 <form name="sound" method="post" action="">
 Sound: <input type="checkbox" name="checkbox" value="checkbox">On
 </form><br>
 </cfoutput>