Re: problem using DISTINCT

Subject: Re: problem using DISTINCT
From: "brianism"
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 15:17:19 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
Thanks for the help everyone.  I am still struggling with this though.....I
change the type for wh_standard to "yes/no" in Access. Then I tried this
suggestion:

 <cfquery name="getstroke" datasource="mydb">
 SELECT max_stroke_mm, MAX(wh_standard) AS itisstandard
 FROM presses
 WHERE model_head LIKE '#headmodel#%'
 GROUP BY max_stroke_mm
 ORDER BY max_stroke_mm</cfquery>

 <select style="padding:0px;margin:0px;" name="max_stroke_mm">
            <cfoutput query="getstroke">

                   <option <cfif itisstandard NEQ
"Yes">style="background-color:00FF00"</cfif>
value="#max_stroke_mm#">#max_stroke_mm# mm <cfif itisstandard NEQ
"Yes">(standard)</cfif></option>

                    </cfoutput>
          </select>

 It is not duplicating, which is good. But it is adding the (standard) to items
that are not standard.  I double checked the database to make sure there wasn't
at least one duplicate max_stroke_mm record that would make it show standard
and there is not.

 I'm stumped.