how to find specific values in a query or list

Subject: how to find specific values in a query or list
From: "jkgiven"
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 20:53:14 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
I need to specify ranges of variable values returned from a query or found in a
list
 Lets us say I had the following returned

A1,A2,A3,A4,A5,A6,A7,AA,AB,AC,AG,AH,AJ,AK,BB,BD,BE,BH,BJ,BK,C2,C3,C7,CA,CB,CC,CD
,CF,D8,DA,DB,DC,DD,

 I need to populate a pull down list so the user can pick a range (for this
purpose I'll say 5, but in my real purpose it will probably be 25 or 50 over a
much longer list.)

 I only want to show the first and the fifth value in the drop down selections.
Thus my selections would look like:
 A1 - A5
 A6 - AC
 AG - BB