CFPrint problem

Subject: CFPrint problem
From: "malcolmct"
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 12:43:30 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
We're hitting an occasional problem while testing the new CFPRINT tag in CF8.
We use the tag in conjunction with CFDIRECTORY in a scheduled task to scan a
server directory for newly-added PDFs, print them and then shuffle them off to
an archive directory.

 This works like a charm, except for the fact that occasionally (and there
seems to be no rhyme or reason to when this happens) the final page of a
document fails to print.  Sometimes a batch of six ten-page PDFs, identical
except for their filenames, prints with missing final pages in documents one,
three and five.  We're handling multiple copies like this as using the copies
attribute within the tag didn't seem to signal the printer correctly about when
one copy ended and another started, causing problems with stapling, etc.

 My suspicion is that there is a bug in CFPRINT and if anyone can point me in
the direction of a fix or workaround, I would be very grateful.  CFPRINT is a
superb feature addition and can eliminate all sorts of other problems if it
behaves reliably.

 Malcolm

 PS. If it helps, we're using the latest PostScript drivers to print to HP
4250s from Windows Server 2003 R2 X64.  We haven't had any similar problems
printing via other applications.