Re: setEncoding() and application.cfc

Subject: Re: setEncoding() and application.cfc
From: "captaincanard"
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 09:53:32 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
Hi, just to say that I've just experienced the same exact problem trying to use
setEncoding in the pseudo-constructor.
 I've spent a lot of time on it - and lose a bit of my self-confidence about my
CF skills :(

 What confused me a lot is :
 [bullet]<cfset setEncoding("form",variables.coding)> breaks the form scope.
Form variables become suddenly non-existent.

 <cfset setEncoding("url",variables.coding)> on the contrary does NOT break the
url scope. Urls variables are still accessible by other methods and pages!
[/bullet]
 So url and form scopes are strangely NOT affected the same. If this a bug of
CFMX7 (sounds like isn't it?)  I hope it is fixed in CF8.

 Can anyone tell? Ian have you tried it on Scorpio?