Re: cfdirectory to network locations

Subject: Re: cfdirectory to network locations
From: Ian Skinner
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 08:39:57 -0700
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion

"Am I attempting something that is even possible? If it's possible, is my lack of success because of my code or because of permissions?"

It is quite possible - I do stuff like this all the time. Your problem is most likely the latter. In order for this to work, you must make sure that the ColdFusion application server is running as a user that has the appropriate permissions to the resources you want it to access.
By default CF runs as a 'local system' user which usually has
permissions to the local server and nothing else. On a windows system
this would be changing the user that the CF application server service
runs under in the "Service" panel to a user defined with the appropriate
permissions.
Once this is done, code such as this will work fine <cfdirectory
directory="//server-name/directory/"...>.