Sent Emails Moved to Undeliverable Folder

Subject: Sent Emails Moved to Undeliverable Folder
From: "derorim"
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 13:58:42 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
I'm experiencing a problem with CF7 occasionally moving into the Undelivered
folder emails that were actually sent (and received).  I have a scheduled task
that hourly moves files from the Undelivered folder back into the Spool folder,
and this has resulted in emails being sent multiple times on occasion.  For
example, I have an email sent to me at 3:00 a.m. every morning.  I receieved it
3 times, spaced an hour apart.  I would have received it a fourth time, but I
found the email in the Undelivered folder and deleted it so the routine would
not dump it back into the spool folder at the top of the next hour.

 Here are the ColdFusion log entries that document the situation for the email
I described above:
 mail.log:
 03:01:12 Exception reading response; nested exception is:
 04:01:09 Exception reading response; nested exception is:
 05:01:17 Exception reading response; nested exception is:
 06:01:10 Exception reading response; nested exception is:

 mailsent.log:
 03:01:12 Moved undelivered mail: Mail47741.cfmail to
C:\CFusionMX7/Mail/Undelivr directory
 04:01:09 Moved undelivered mail: Mail47741.cfmail to
C:\CFusionMX7/Mail/Undelivr directory
 05:01:17 Moved undelivered mail: Mail47741.cfmail to
C:\CFusionMX7/Mail/Undelivr directory
 06:01:10 Moved undelivered mail: Mail47741.cfmail to
C:\CFusionMX7/Mail/Undelivr directory

 exception.log:
 03:01:12 Exception reading response; nested exception is:
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out javax.mail.MessagingException:
Exception reading response; nested exception is:
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out at
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.readServerResponse(SMTPTransport.java:1090) at
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.issueCommand(SMTPTransport.java:1019) at
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.finishData(SMTPTransport.java:942) at
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:391) at
coldfusion.mail.MailSpooler.deliver(MailSpooler.java:795) at
coldfusion.mail.MailSpooler.sendMail(MailSpooler.java:704) at
coldfusion.mail.MailSpooler.deliverStandard(MailSpooler.java:984) at
coldfusion.mail.MailSpooler.run(MailSpooler.java:949) at
coldfusion.scheduling.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java:201) at
coldfusion.scheduling.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:70)

 There are 3 more of these for the 3 additional attempts to send this same
email, once each hour, but they all read the same.

 How do I stop CF from moving inot the Undelievered folder an email that
actually got sent?  Is this a CF problem, a Java problem, or a mail server
problem?

 CFMX7 Standard Edition v. 7,0,2,142559
 Windows 2003
 Java v.1.4.2_12