Re: convert text to list

Subject: Re: convert text to list
From: "splitzer"
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 21:48:48 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
[q][i]Originally posted by: [b][b]Stressed_Simon[/b][/b][/i]
 Why do you want to store it as a list? This sort of data lends itself to an
array and it will be much more performant.

 Also use a cfm as it will be compiled and will load faster.

 Assuming you have the content in a variable called foo, to turn it to an array
do the following:-

 <cfset bar = createObject("java", "java.lang.String").init(foo).split("\n");
 <cfdump var="#bar#">[/q]

 yea, this mehtod is slow. I'm trying to use it with cfform autosuggest. Its
extremely slow, Can you please explain the code? I'm not familiar with
createobject function.