Turn persistent cookies off with "remember me" checked at login

Subject: Turn persistent cookies off with "remember me" checked at login
From: DennBen
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:43:38 -0700
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
I'm a newbie coldfusion web developer walking into an established site
with ClientManagement ON and not a full understanding of how it works.
But with it on, it sets CFToken and CFID which are used through out
the site as if they were session variables. Currently when a user logs
in, they stay logged in forever until they sign out (or try to access
the site from another ip).

The goal of my instruction is to create a "remember me" box that when
unchecked, will terminate the session when they close their browser or
when they log off. Since I dont have direct access to the code where
ColdFusion creates the cookies in the "ClientManagement" functional,
and since the CFTOKEN and CFID variables are used throughout the site
to check the user is logged in (so I cant turn clientManagement off),
I'm not sure how to offer the option to NOT set these persistent
cookies.

A session variable would do no good, because I wouldnt know where to
check for it aside from where they sign out, and if they sign out
they've taken care of it for me.

Any ideas are appreciated.