cfldap in CF5 vs. CFMX7

Subject: cfldap in CF5 vs. CFMX7
From: "Chris LeJeune"
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 21:47:49 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
I am using the CFLDAP tag on a server running CFMX7 and now circumstances
dictate that I use it on a server running CF5.  The following code works great
on CFMX7, but when run on CF5, I get the error message: "DIAGNOSTICS = CFLDAP
Local error."

 <cfldap
  server = "corpdc1.xxx.xxx.org"
  port="389"
  action = "query"
  name = "userSearch"
  start = "DC=xxx,DC=xxx,DC=org"
  filter="(&(sAMAccountName=xxx)(objectCategory=user))"
  attributes = "dn"
  username="domain\username"
  password="password">

 <cfdump var="#userSearch#">

 I installed an LDAP browser on the CF5 server to insure that it was possible
to connect to the corpdc1.xxx.xxx.org domain controller from there using the
same authentication information the the cfldap tag, and that worked fine.

 If I intentionally use the wrong password, I get the error message:
"DIAGNOSTICS = CFLDAP Invalid credentials."  So I think that indicates that the
CF server is able to contact the LDAP server.

 Does anyone have any ideas about why this code works on CFMX7 but not CF5?

 Thanks,
 Chris