Why does Coldfusion return a connection:close header?

Subject: Why does Coldfusion return a connection:close header?
From: "eddieralph"
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 22:14:24 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
Does anybody know why Coldfusion sends a connection:close header?  HTTP 1.1
default behaviour I believe is to not send the connection:close and to have
keep-alives enabled.  By removing the connection:close header we should see
persistent connections being set up and increased network performance.  Any
ideas here?

 Thanks
 Ed