CFDOCUMENT and HUGE FILE SIZE & Performance

Subject: CFDOCUMENT and HUGE FILE SIZE & Performance
From: "WestSide"
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 18:58:25 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
Hi,

 I am using cfdocument, it renders the PDF nicely in the browser, when I go to
print, it takes forever and seems to do some "flattening" for each page that
takes a long time.  It also says my PDF is 41 MB or so, which is HUGE and takes
quite some time to print.

 Is there something I am doing wrong?  I am using the developer edition CF 7 so
I get the watermark, but that watermark can't be inflating my file size that
much.   There must be a way to speed this up a bit.  It is not graphic
intensive either

 Any help appreciated as I am sure to get questions on why it takes so long to
print and why the file size is so big.  My PDF is only 8 pages and its 41 MB
for some reason.

 Thanks

 -Westside