CGI Referer Tracking

Subject: CGI Referer Tracking
From: "ryantrask"
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 06:02:49 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
I am trying to tracking the cgi.http_referer variable to a Contact Form, so I
can include this in a contact form as an example:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLJ,GGLJ:2006-39,G
GLJ:en&q=coldfusion

 How is this possible to set the cgi.http_referer variable ONCE and then store
it, so I can then call it into the contact form. It is basically used for my
clients so they have the exact search string or website that the user came from
when they fill out the contact form.

 Is cgi.http_cookie another way to do it?

 I appreciate any help with this. Thanks.