Re: Unified Development Platforms?

Subject: Re: Unified Development Platforms?
From: "Campag"
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 10:22:40 +0800
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
re: >I am curious as to Adobe's road map for hopefully merging the various
> elements of ColdFusion, Flex and Flash into a single development
> enviornment.

They are different tools, not really possible to make them "merge" them into
one tool.

However, what Adobe should do is offer a single integrated developement
environment that offers professional tools for manging the work flow and
making these different technologies work better (seamlesly) together.

The Flex and Flash thing is okay, but I don't think the full blown
commitment to CF is there - at least, with CF not being aprime product for
them, I imagine there'd be a limit to how much they would spend on it.
Historically, even with Macromedia, the approach has been to write tags that
wrap the undelying java functionlity rather than actually spend money in new
areas (eg; marketing the  product, producing an IDE).

Nobody really knows what the future will bring, but the smart money says
that with CF they will make decisions in the manner of any normal business,
and likley won't go nuts with respect to spending too much on a secondary
product that is not widely adopted in the market it is in - wouldn't make
too much sense to the number crunchers.

re: different across the three platforms although the end result
> all play in the Flash 9 player.

No, CF cannot and never will run in the Flash player. Its a server side
technology.
news:[email protected]