newbie needs help with encrypted cfm files

Subject: newbie needs help with encrypted cfm files
From: "dcriscio"
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 19:49:52 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
I have been contacted by a "client of a client" regarding their website.  The
developers of their site closed shop three years ago and they started having an
issue with the admin section where they go to view credit card payments made by
their clients after renewing their ssl cert.

 Here's the error:
 Invalid token '\n' found on line 95 at column 0.
 The CFML compiler was processing:

 The closing tag for the CFML comment is missing.Comment begins on line 54.

 The cfm files are encrypted so I have had trouble viewing them.  I got a copy
of novabean's cfm encryption/decryption tool and although it says it decrypted
the files, when I open them they appear to be empty.  I then tried the
ABPositive utility and again, all files were blank.  My final attempt at
decryption was with cfdecrypt.exe, but I got a message "File is not an
encrypted template."

 I understand that the original developers may have encrypted the code to hide
it or whatever, but now that they're out of business how is the client supposed
to fix this issue?

 I really don't know much about ColdFusion at all and am trying to help out.
The ISP is trying to tell me the problem is with some data in the SQL db.
Based on the error message, it looks like something is wrong with the code in a
file, but I don't know which one.  However, I'm such a newbie here that I don't
really know if headed down the right track.

 Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!