Re: Coldfusion 8 (I want it)

Subject: Re: Coldfusion 8 I want it
From: "Campag"
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 15:45:26 +0800
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
This thread is amazing - almost all of teh things said here are entirely
false!!

Charts for .Net - they are free and plentiful. Web Charts is particualrly
respected in this area (mainly as it is robust and easy to use) More on this
here http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/120804-1.aspx. And a gzillion
others via google.

So the chart thing, not a very good point. Neither is the "having to
download stuff" as you need to do plenty of extra downloads with CF!! At
least with asp.net you are virtually guaranteed a solution as it's just a
way bigger industry.

You couldn't find an OR tool for .Net - thats a hoot. I use .Net Tiers adn
NHibernate, both free and both awsome. Plus there are hundreds of others
availabel commercially. .Net plops all over cf in ths area more than almost
any other!!

re: Then you get into your database problems.  SQL

Not only are your point totally invalid, but now you are off on to
databases. What has databases got to with anything here, totally different
tool. Do you think that asp,net can't work with MySQL or any other database?
It can and often does. So this point is not only invalid, but totally
meaningless.

re: But guys come on.  I think the best part of Coldfusion are the
developers and
the Adobe relationship to its community.  Head over to asp.net forums and
submit something to there 'moderated' forum.

And here it gets blatantly silly. The AspNet community is massive, and I
mean MASSIVE! Microsofts committment, activity, and marketing can't even be
compared to whatever you think it is Adobe are doing. Head over to the
asp.net forums? Which ones - their are literally hundreds of them in all
shapes and sizes and they are extreremly active. The cf forum gets a mere
trickle of posts by comparison.

I'm not sure if it's plain ignorance or just porky pies, but there is barely
a single valid point in many of these posts. Which is a shame as there are
valid points in CF's favor. For whatever reason, none of them have been even
mentioned here! Nearly everything here is just plain wrong and very easily
proven to be.

Seriously, the amount of guff being presented here just looks delusional to
anyone who has even half aclue about the web dev world. I'm beginning to
wonder if cf developers are now almost exclusively newbies.

news:[email protected]