Re: Why no CF Date() function?

Subject: Re: Why no CF Date() function?
From: Ian Skinner
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 11:24:12 -0700
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion

pcbrown wrote:
You know, every time I run into a problem that's not addressed by a built-in function, I ask myself "Why, why must I carry this burden??"
 :-) just kidding!

If there was a date() function in there, I'm sure I'd use it gladly, but yanking a date out of now() has always been pretty easy. Maybe I've just not faced issues complex enough to require it.
As well as the fact that CF is quite easy to extend with one's own user
defined functions, custom tags and components using CFML, Java, C++,
COM, Cobra and many others.