Re: Post a file using HTTP

Subject: Re: Post a file using HTTP
From: "kodemonki"
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 15:24:38 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
My instructions, taken from the documentation (I'm not kidding):

 2.     Post the XML document.

 (the first step was to create an xml file)

 When asked how do I do that, I received the response:
 There are two methods of sending the XML:

 1)      Direct: Attached is a C++ example.  It does presume a fair
 amount of expertise in sockets programming.

 2)      HTTP Post.  This is the most common method of posting the XML
 (and the suggested method).  This is not a recommendation of the official way
to use VB to talk to the XML server.

 If VB can do this the way they want, shouldn't CF?  Or does CF abide strictly
by W3C standards where VB does not?