Re: PDF Widths (document, body, table)???

Subject: Re: PDF Widths (document, body, table)???
From: "Robert S"
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 16:02:45 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
Have you actually run the code and are you using ColdFusion 8?

 Set the [HR] style width at the top to 100% and tell me if it makes sense.

 The 100% goes all the way to the margins.
 The 8.5in is about 5in wide with 3in margins.
 The [HR] in the table is left justified with about 3 inches on the right.

 What we have noticed is that the page positioning is really screwed up. If I
do a line 1000px wide (that's about 400 pix larger than the 72px./in ratio, the
text on the page begins to scale down and there is still a 3in gap (either on
the right for the table or 1.5 in on the side for the basic [HR] tag which is
centered).

 The only way to predictably set the widths of items on the page is with
percentages and that seriously slows down the PDF production.