CF8 Return Identity from a trigger

Subject: CF8 Return Identity from a trigger
From: "intrafusion"
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 20:01:59 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
I've read up that in CF8 you can now grab the identitycol val from the result
variable.  This is definately a great new feature.  However for the last 8
years I've been grabbing the identity from a trigger and SQL and that no longer
seems to work.

 The same code works fine on my cf5, cf61 and cf7 servers but not my cf8.

 Am I correct in thinking that I've got to go and edit all of my apps before
upgrading to CF8 so that they dont break?

 thanks,
 Steve
 :frown;