Re: Open Letter to Tim Buntel

Subject: Re: Open Letter to Tim Buntel
From: "yacoubean"
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 20:53:14 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
> and no, I'm not leaving, just slowly plodding through.

 I'm not leaving either any time soon, either.  But I'm afraid that CF will
slowly become the next Fortran, or Cobol.  Can you still find legacy systems
out there built on these two languages?  Yes.  But they are slowly
disappearing, and the job markets are almost non-existent anymore.  I know that
CF is in a LOT better shape than Cobol, right now.  I'm just afraid that if the
current trends continue, CF will end up in the same boat.  Let's hope I'm wrong.