Re: Got CFM?

Subject: Re: Got CFM?
From: "Insident"
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 19:39:18 +0800
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
re: And it just serves as further evidence to what I posted earlier about
the misconceptions that plague ColdFusion, CFML and the whole ColdFusion
community!

re: "apparently they had never heard of it, and I'm having a bit of trouble
convincing them that a) lots of people use ColdFusion and b) that it is
indeed worth adding to their site"

It was interesting to see that you are attempting to deal with comments and
perceptions that you refer to on your site (as per above) by promoting sites
that use cf.

However, it seems sad that CF is not widely heard of, even in the IT
industry, and that , sa you say, it is plagues with such perceptions and
comments. I think rather than a site that list other sites (lets face it,
who really cares but cf people themselves) it woud be better to rally Adobe
to open source the product and/or get them to make it surpass free/open
products so that there is little doubt that it is still relavant.

re: I'm having a bit of trouble convincing them that a) lots of people use
ColdFusion

Thats the thing - you can't really "convice" people as such - either it is
out there in the public mind or it's marketing has not succeeded. (Though it
must be added here that Adobe do not market Cf very well as it's not a prime
product for them, its a secondary product that they inherited , and didn't
seek)

Refocus - rally for open sourcing coldfusion and an industry around it -
good things will come of it. Don't listen to thos that say it shouldnt be
open sourced. They''' b ethe first to say "its about time" when they
actually do open source it. (Just like the folk who said cf didn't need a
drawing tag/api, but used terms like "long awaited" when it was introduced)

news:[email protected]