Re: ANN: CFWebstore Version 6 Released!

Subject: Re: ANN: CFWebstore Version 6 Released!
From: "JPfeff"
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 16:49:29 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
Katsuey - Your reply I find a bit confusing and disingenous. Instead of saying
cartweaver doesn't do SEO, you say it isn't necessary. Many of us would
disagree, if you want decent PageRank. You then say it offers 'extended
shipping options' when as far as I can tell, it doesn't do any real-time
shipping rates at all. it certainly doesn't do all the kinds of shipping
functions mentioned in the original post, nor does it appear to have the kinds
of discount functions mentioned either. Saying it will 'overtime' have more
addons is certainly not a comforting statement. And Google checkout...it's not
listed in the supported payment methods on the site, and when I check ed old
messages on their forum, there;s one from you with info on how to integrate the
checkout into it, since it's not included! So not sure how you can say they
'offer' google checkout (whether you like it or not, I do have a customer that
was pressuring me about it so was looking at my options). I'm all for
supporting a favorite product and I've not use cfwebstore in awhile to support
it one way or the other, and found the one poster's messages to be a bit over
the top and insulting. But if you are going to support a product, be honest
about it or your opinion has no value whatsover.

 As for the licensing, I really don't care what the cost per store is as long
as it's reasonable for the value offered, I just pass that on to my customer as
part of the cost to set up their site. The vast majority of shopping carts are
licensed by site (or by packs of sites or by server, etc) so I'd be seriously
limiting myself if I insisted on the single license for all sites that you do.
If the initial cost of it was the only thing I cared about, I'd certainly
wouldn't be a CF developer!

 John P