Microsoft SourceSafe

Subject: Microsoft SourceSafe
From: "mletson"
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 14:09:01 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
Hello all,

 I did a search to find an answer but didn't come up with much.

 We use Microsoft SourceSafe here at my company.  There are only two web
developers working here, myself and one other.  The problem I'm having is
trying to get Dreamweaver 8 to play nice w/ VSS.  The main issue is that DW
will hang everytime I complete an action like checking in /out a file.  When I
do save a file, if I have "refresh list automatically" enabled, it will take
FOREVER for the project to refresh.

 It seems like the only way I can overcome this is to uninstall and then
reinstall DW.  Then, it will work fine for a month but then exhibit the same
symptoms.  It makes development a pain in the neck.  My coworker uses a
different API and has no problems.  I happen to like DW so I would love to find
a solution.

 Help!

 Mike