How can I choose mySQL(4/5) with my mother tongue display fine?

Subject: How can I choose mySQL(4/5) with my mother tongue display fine?
From: "joonstar"
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 00:49:21 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion

if I choose mySQL(3) in CF8 administrator > Data & Services > Data Sources
 and add the code "useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=euc-kr" in Connection
String,
 it displays my mother tongue fine.

 if I choose mySQL(4/5) in CF8 administrator > Data & Services > Data Sources,
 I can't add the code ""useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=euc-kr" in Connection
String
 because it causes Connection verification failed for data source.

 If I choose mySQL(4/5) in CF8 administrator > Data & Services > Data Sources,
 and not to add the code "useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=euc-kr" in
Connection String,
 It displays my mother tongue broekn.

 How can I choose mySQL(4/5) with my mother tongue display fine?