Re: problem using DISTINCT

Subject: Re: problem using DISTINCT
From: "brianism"
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 17:18:10 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
Thanks for everyones input you have all been very helpful. I think  I am
missing a small part of something here.  It is sorting them like it should but
it is not showing the "wh_standard" in my output unless it finds a field that
does not have a duplicate "max_stroke_mm". It seems like it is picking the non
standards to show instead of standard.  I need to show the standards if there
are duplicates.

 Ex.

 100 (non standard)
 100 (standard)
 75(non standard)
 75(non standard)
 75(standard)

 Is Displaying:

 100 (nonstandard)
 75 (non standard)

 It only works if the data is like so:

 100 (standard)
 100 (standard)
 75(non standard)
 75(non standard)
 75(non standard)

 Then is will display:

 100 (standard)
 75 (non standard)

 I'm sorry for being a pain, but I'm getting totally confused.