JRUN not releasing memory

Subject: JRUN not releasing memory
From: "rich.leach"
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 15:06:41 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
Hi-

 I installed CF8 on Windows using the standard configuration (JRUN, IIS,
SQLServer) and needed to run some threshold tests against some sample data,
nothing out of the ordinary - other than the size of the result set - I was
requesting 100,000 records from one table, which came back fine. However, I
tracked the memory usage on my server and noticed that jrun.exe  climbed all
the way up to close to 1 gb (I adjusted the min/max heap settings in the CF
Admin to allow that) but JRUN never let go of all that memory, it's continuing
to ping at close to 1 gb. Does anyone know how I go about getting JRUN/CF to
automatically release the memory (besides restarting CF)?

 Thanks,

 Rich