Re: Post a file using HTTP

Subject: Re: Post a file using HTTP
From: Ian Skinner
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 08:01:53 -0700
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion

What about experimenting with some other ways of incorporating the data.

Instead of sending the file directly, load the contents into a string and send the string as a basic form field? This should not be multi-part. File data must be sent in multipart format. That is my understanding of how HTTP works.
<cfhttpparam name="test" type="formfield" value="#stringData#"
mimetype="text/xml"/>
Is test the correct field name that the service is expecting this data in?

Can you provide a copy of the VB example? We maybe able to determine what needs to be done in CF from that.