Forms Question

Subject: Forms Question
From: "dwright65"
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 20:30:49 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
This may not actually be a CF question, but here it goes. I have a form and for
one of the fields I want to have the person be able to choose from a pull down
list or enter their own text. The first question is; Is there a way to allow
the select field to allow for free text?

 Based on the assumption that there isn't, I created a plain text field for
free text entry and then right beside it I put a link to a separate page where
the user can choose from a list (this is a form) and when the user clicks the
submit buttion, the selected list item is inserted into the free text field
back on the original form. The problem is that when this happens all of the
data that was previously entered by the user is lost. What is the best way to
retain the data entered on the original form when coming back from the selction
form? Is there a way to emulate the back button in the browser?

 Thanks

 David