Re: manually starting and ending an application

Subject: Re: manually starting and ending an application
From: Azadi
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 20:52:23 -0400
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion

bdee2 wrote:

i read somewhere that if you are using an application.cfc (and i am) that you could just say #variables.onApplicationEnd()# but that didn't work for me either.
you can call the onApplicationEnd() method which will execute the code
in it, but that, again, will not end the application in itself.
however, i can only think of one reason to forcefully end an application
- and that is to force the execution of some specific code, which is
what onApplicationEnd() method is all about!
 it is not practical for me to reboot the server each time i want to restart
the application.
it should also be possible to force the application end by calling a
.cfm page that has an <cfapplication> tag with the applicationtimeout
attribute set to 0.

---
Azadi Saryev
Sabai-dee.com