Re: Coldfusion 8 (I want it)

Subject: Re: Coldfusion 8 I want it
From: "Insident"
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 20:46:24 +0800
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion
re:  You may be absolutely correct in everything you say.

And therein, my friend, is the point.

With that in mind, why would he to sit idly by while another poster talks of
cfform being more powerful than the whole .Net web form framework and the
strides toward confuguarbility and near zero code simplicity with full code
flexibility. It's like comparing a BMW to a shopping trolley.

re: > People come to these forums for genuine support regarding CF.

I belive the posters quesition was being addressed and that a more than
fairl balance hsa been presented.

re: Rarely are such comments of any value or relevance to the issue.

Hmm, give the original posters comment of  quote : " Can you guys give me
some good solid reasons why my company should adopt .NET? ". You can't quite
see the relavance of the .Net comparison. Now thats a little amusing isn't
it? How in the world did campag make such a convoluted connection :)

re: Where, in that title, is it asked "...but tell me why .NET is better"?

I'll spread the word - respond only to the posts titles but ignore what the
poster actually asks in the post body.

Looks like I'm one of very few able to talk facts and not drivel. Hopefully
the op can tell the difference between those with facts and those just
making stuff up.

I use cf and asp.net. Almost all cf work old sites and newer sites upgrading
to .net. cf is being moved away from in most cases, not being moved toward.
Its very simple really, theres a free scripting framweork out there that is
more widely supporte and powerful than cf (php) for teh script kiddies to
use. For the serious apps, there's asp.net. cf just sits in a very awkward
'newbie' like slot going nowhere but to obscurity. Hopefully cf8 will
improve things.

news:[email protected]