Re: Copy a folder and its contents to another location

Subject: Re: Copy a folder and its contents to another location
From: Ian Skinner
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 09:19:11 -0700
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.cfml_general_discussion

surfmad1 wrote:
Can anyone help an new user!

Basically I need to get Coldfusion to copy a folder called "project" and its contents these include folders and excel files from my C: drive to another folder called "jobs" located on my C: drive. I then need to rename the "project" folder using data from a sql database.

I've tried using "cffile" copy which works if I want to copy a file such as an excel file but it wont work when I try to copy a folder and its contents.
 Should I be using "cffile" or something else?

Many thanks for your help!

ColdFusion does not have a 'copy folder' function. This kind of batch file system processing is not really its purpose.

But you should be able to use if - if you so choose. You will need to use a combination of <cfdiretory...> and <cffile...> tags with loops. You will have to read the directory, loop over the results moving each file and then process the directory again for a name change.