macromedia.coldfusion.advanced_techniques

Re: Creating form element from within a component

Subject: Re: Creating form element from within a component
From: "jim1234"
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 13:47:59 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.advanced_techniques

Thanks for the confirmation.

 When I looked at the documentation, it didn't say anything about not being
able to put the cf type form elements in functions, but maybe you'll find
something.  It just seems like the cf form elements should behave the same in
this case as the regular html form elements.

 It looks as if ColdFusion is not waiting for the final page rendering to
validate the context of the tags and rather is just taking what it can see
within the function.

 I'll see if anyone else finds anything, and if not, I'll report it as a bug,
even though it doesn't help me right now.

 Thanks,
 Jim