macromedia.coldfusion.advanced_techniques

From LDAP to AD

Subject: From LDAP to AD
From: "billdimit"
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 04:55:56 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.advanced_techniques

Hi,
 I need to convert all CF LDAP validation pages in my apps (OpenLDAP) to the
new AD server validations. No luck so far.

 I cannot make an anonymous bind to AD using LDAP so I do need to bind to AD
prior to authenticating user. I?ve got a username/password account created for
it. I have also been told by System Admin that maybe I would need to use tha AD
userPrinciple

 The LDAP code that works with the OpenLDAP:

 <CFLDAP
 SERVER="ldap.test.com.au"
 PORT="389"
 USERNAME="uid=#form.username#,ou=people,ou=staff,o=test.com.au"
 PASSWORD="#form.password#"
 ACTION="QUERY"
 NAME="GetLDAPResults"
 ATTRIBUTES="dn,ou,o,uid,cn,sn,title,mail,l,telephonenumber,roomnumber"
 FILTER="uid=#form.username#"
 START="ou=people,ou=staff,o=test.com.au">

 I have tried this code with AD without any success:

 <CFLDAP
 SERVER="ad.test.com.au"
 port="389"
 scope="subtree"
 USERNAME="#form.username#,OU=staff,DC=test,DC=com,DC=au"
 PASSWORD="#form.username#"
 ACTION="QUERY"
 NAME="GetLDAPResults"
 ATTRIBUTES="cn,mail"
 filter="(#form.username#)"
 START="OU=staff,DC=test,DC=com,DC=au">

 The error message is:
 Authentication failed:[LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C090334,
comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 525, vece ]

 The binding is the problem. How do I bind to AD?

 Thanks,
 b.