Creating form element from within a component

Subject: Creating form element from within a component
From: "jim1234"
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 20:24:46 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.advanced_techniques

Hi all,

 I am trying to create a form element within a component function which is then
called from a .cfm page which has the cfform tags.  I keep getting a context
validation error for the form element tag.  Here is some sample code:

 <cfcomponent name="yourComponent">
    <cffunction name="createTag" returntype="string" access="public">

         <cfsavecontent variable="returnContent">
             <cfselect name="thisSelect">
                 <option value="0">Value 1</option>

         <cfreturn returnContent>

 And in the .cfm page:

   <cfinvoke component="yourComponent" method="createTag"

 The error occurs in the function and it says the cfselect must be within a
cfform.  I tried the function without the save content and just set the
output="yes" but the same error occurs.

 Any help appreciated in how to get around this.  Just putting the code in the
.cfm is not an option for this.

 Any help appreciated.