macromedia.coldfusion.advanced_techniques

Re: 300 requests per hour reading from Application scope Good/Bad idea

Subject: Re: 300 requests per hour reading from Application scope Good/Bad idea
From: "Oguz.Demirkapi"
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 04:14:20 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.advanced_techniques

While creating/changing application scope variables in a lock, I think there
must be an exclusive lock. You must be careful not to set any shared variable
such as application inside a read only cflock tag.

 I also would suggest to check the usage of Application.cfc and
onApplicationStart method. You can set application default variables and
constants in onApplicationStart method in your Application.cfc.