macromedia.coldfusion.advanced_techniques

Help w/CF8 Java Problem, Works on CF7

Subject: Help w/CF8 Java Problem, Works on CF7
From: "orangepips"
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:31:22 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.advanced_techniques

See the class definitions below.

 In CF7 if create an instance of Outer, say "outer", and code:
   outer.getInner().getID()
 things are fine.

 In CF8, I get the error "The getID method was not found." If I cfdump "outer"
in CF8 I see
 className: Outer$Inner
 Methods: [list of methods and return types, but not getID]
 Parent Class
    Class Name: AbstractDecorator
    Methods: [list of methods and return types, including *getID*]

  Is there something different I need/can do w/CF8 to get to the method "getID"
on the Parent Class?

 --- Skeleton Class Definitions ---
 public final class Outer {
    Inner inner;
    public Inner getInner() {     return inner;   }
    public final class Inner
      extends AbstractDecorator {
   }
 }

 abstract class AbstractDecorator extends Wrapped {
    private Wrapped _wrapped;
    public int getID() {     return _wrapped.getID();   }
 }
 class Wrapped {
    int ID;
    public int getID() {     return ID;   }