macromedia.coldfusion.advanced_techniques

JAI (Java Advanced Imaging) and CF8

Subject: JAI (Java Advanced Imaging) and CF8
From: "obouillaud"
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 09:46:46 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.advanced_techniques

Hi

 I'm using the Java Advancer Imaging API since CF6 and made several jar files
to manipulate images (as it wasn't integrated in CF).
 Today I installed CF8, put the "jai_core.jar" and "jai_codec.jar" in the
"cfroot\runtime\jre\lib\ext" folder as I did when I first developped my
application or when I migrated from CF6 to CF7 but today it does not work.

 I have the following error (see attached), ImageInfo and GetTaille are my own
jar classe and method.

 I saw that there is already a "jai_core.jar/jai_codec.jar" in "cfroot\lib" So
I think that there is a conflict between the two JAI's. I removed mine, but I
have another error : "An exception occurred when instantiating a Java object.
The class must not be an interface or an abstract class. Error:
com/sun/media/jai/codec/ImageEncodeParam."

 I also tried to replace the JAI of CF8 by mine (just for a test) but I have
the same error.

 Do you have any idea of a solution ?

 I know I can now use the CF8 tags to manipulate images, but I have to rewrite
lots of code and I think there is still manipulations that CF8 can't handle
(CMYK images, ICC profiles, ...)

 Thanks in advance for your suggestions