macromedia.coldfusion.advanced_techniques

Re: Ajax and CFC's

Subject: Re: Ajax and CFC's
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 07:07:06 -0700
Newsgroups: macromedia.coldfusion.advanced_techniques

On 7 Aug, 14:43, "Jwahl" <webforumsu...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am having a 'discussion' and being told that if AJAX calls a cfc method more
> than once that callingScript1 might get callingScript2's cfreturn info on a
> heavy AJAX page.
>  Example:
>   I run an ajax request to retrieve phone numbers. One call = one phone
> number.
>  Can someone set us striaght

It depends on your cfc code, if you create a bean (this.f1=...,
this.f2=...) and then return it (cfreturn this) then yes, you can have
the situation where your first call gets results of second. Better
option is to use variables.f1... scope in cfc, then cfc creates this
scope fresh on every call and you do not have a problem.