macromedia.authorware

Re: AW6.5 Publish in Vista??????

Subject: Re: AW6.5 Publish in Vista??????
From: "troisieme"
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 16:33:20 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.authorware

The reason I found it strange is that the PUT DOWNLOAD command works ok in XP
but not Vista. But then the product is not written for Vista, and I can see it
is questionable practice asking for trouble. So in agreement with your thought,
I repeated the experiment with the PUT, command.

 Well entered the PUT. command for this file, aminac.aam, verified the file
size, and put the file on the remote server whose address is
http://www.rpi.edu/locker/53/001053/, and played it on my XP machine by
pointing the browser to the aminac.htm file.  The piece comes right up and the
movie plays.

 I find the movie in the root directory of my XP machine with the webplr07.exe
file.

 When use IE7 to link to the aminac.htm file with my Vista machine, with the
domain in the trusted files list and protected mode off, the movie file is not
copied to the web player folder. And although the piece plays, i.e. the movie
controller bar appears, the movie itself does not play. Is there something else
I should do to configure vista to play nicely with the web player?